Keep your coverage anywhere in America
If you pay your premiums on time, your plan stays the same and can’t be canceled if you move within the U.S.
Get guaranteed coverage
If you apply for Medicare Supplement Insurance during your Open Enrollment Period, you cannot be denied coverage for pre - existing conditions.
Choose your Medicare doctor and your hospital
There are no network restrictions with Medicare Supplement Insurance plans, so you can see any doctor who accepts Medicare patients.
Medicare doesn’t cover all of your health care costs.
You could be responsible for paying deductibles and coinsurance for inpatient hospital care and doctor’s visits.
If your doctor doesn’t accept Medicare assignment, you could be responsible for paying excess charges.
Certain health insurance plans limit you to a network of doctors and hospitals.
Medicare Supplement Insurance can help.
With a Medicare Supplement Insurance plan, you have protection against some, but not all, of the out-of-pocket costs that Medicare leaves behind, and you’re never limited to a specific network of providers.
With this coverage, you can choose a plan with benefits at a cost you can afford.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some common questions for people considering Medicare Supplement Insurance:
- What is Medicare Supplement Insurance?
- Medicare Supplement Insurance plans (also called Medigap) are sold by private insurance companies.These plans work alongside your Original Medicare benefits (Part A and Part B).
- Who is eligible for Medicare Supplement Insurance?
- You are likely eligible for Medicare Supplement Insurance if you are enrolled in Medicare Part A or Part B and are at least 65 years or older. In some states, you may qualify if you are under age 65 and have a qualifying disability.
- When is the best time to enroll in a plan?
- In most cases, once you are at least age 65 and you are enrolled in Medicare Part B, your Medigap Open Enrollment Period(OEP) begins.Your OEP will last for six months. If you purchase Medicare Supplement Insurance during this period, you cannot be denied coverage or charged more for your plan based on pre - existing medical conditions.
- What are the differences between plans?
- Each Medicare Supplement Insurance plan offers a different combination of coverage benefits, which can include full or partial coverage for some of your Medicare out-of-pocket costs. Speak with a licensed insurance agent at 1-800-966-9470 who can help you find the plan that fits.
- How do I get started?
- To find the right Aetna Medicare Supplement Insurance plan for you, request a free quote below or call 1-800-966-9470. Licensed insurance agents can answer your Medicare questions and help you compare plan benefits, all at no charge to you!